Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Past...


Good morning and a very Merry Christmas to you! I hope wherever you are today and however you choose to celebrate that your day is filled with love, health and happiness.

For today's post, I wanted to share with you some glimpses of Christmas past. I have a bit of an obsession with old greeting cards (as my paypal account will attest to!) and my favorite has to be old holiday cards. I collect these and use them in my scrapbook paper designs as well as use them to create digital collage sheets in my etsy shoppe. But, mostly, I like to just look through my stash and enjoy the colorful vintage graphics, beautiful old typefaces and the worn, vellum paper of a time long gone.


Here are just a few of the old holiday cards I have collected over the years...





Isn't the whimsical artwork and detail wonderful? You don't see that much these days. And I just love the hand lettering.


Here is a sample of one of my vintage cards for you to download and enjoy! If you use this card to do some crafting or any kind of creating, we'd love to see it! Feel free to post a link here in the comments section or over on our Facebook page.

From everyone at Seven Magpies— "Season's Greetings! Wishing you Health, Wealth & Happiness in Every Way".

Nancie





No comments:

Post a Comment